Primary & secondary school students are educated on the benefits of forming healthy eating habits, hydration and physical activity.
The GIANTS want to provide youth a unique researched based lifestyle change program that guarantees our participants regular results each week on the scales. A program that provides a full 10-week video education program, as well as daily motivational videos sent via SMS to their phones!
Actively making the best decisions with food and exercise on a daily basis is crucial to reaching goal weight. To maintain motivation for the whole 12 weeks, participants will receive a short video each morning at 7am directly to their mobile phone!
Many people who are looking to improve their lifestyle have very little support at home. We make sure they have all the support they need by providing a closed Facebook support group where they can chat with others going through similar changes as well as access to our Dietician and Exercise Physiologist.
- Weight loss of at least 10% initial body weight. This amount of weight loss has been scientifically shown to not only improve many chronic diseases but also begin to reverse their effects.
- Reduce the likelihood of blood pressure issues
- Motivate students to change lifestyle habits which may affect them in the future
- Educate the participants on how to fit healthier behaviours into their lifestyle
- Tackle issues surrounding body image and ways of coping with negative thoughts and feelings.
- Focus on self motivation and self confidence
- Focus on community spirit and belonging
- Community action for greater health outcomes.
- 100 participate in 2020
- 5 local school- targeting 20 students from each school.
- 10 sporting sessions throughout 2020 for each cohort of youth
- 5 guest GIANTS presenters involved
- Students participating / demonstrating learning through peer to peer model
- Participant before and after survey – weight loss, medical conditions, goals, values inventory, confidence, learning and engagement outcomes
- Media and positive PR outcomes
- Participant case studies of achievements and positive behaviour changes