A Multicultural Mentoring Camp where 12-16 year old students are supported and enriched through an intensive three day camp.
GIANTS Culture is an extra-curricular Multicultural Mentoring Camp where 50 students aged 12-16 years are supported and enriched through an intensive mentoring experience over a three-day camp.
Participants will be connected to positive community members from the wider refugee and multicultural community including people from trade backgrounds, the professional sector and the community sector.
The GIANTS Culture will bring together a variety of partners specialising in different sectors that deal directly with refugee and multicultural youth. All partners have specific expertise at the grassroots level with sound knowledge of current issues facing multicultural youth.
Character and leadership development exercises are integrated into the camp with engaging, hands-on programs and activities. The camp focuses on building resilience, confidence and leadership skills enabling participants to be active, positive contributors to their school community.
Participants receive a mentor over the three days that will support their development from a social and career perspective. Participants collaborate with one another from start to end through the camp challenge that will incorporate a form of the arts to promote cultural insights.
- To build resilience, confidence and leadership skills
- Enable participants to be active, positive contributors to their school and wider community.
- Develop self-confidence and self-efficacy
- Enhance creativity and empathy
- Deepen engagement with learning
- Create a support community
- 50 participants
- 3-day camp
- Pre and post camp survey – expectations versus outcomes, goals aspiration and behaviours
- Partner evaluation containing both observational and anecdotal content
- Media and positive PR outcomes
- Student case studies of achievements
- Final Newspaper