GIANTS YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
Preparing youth for employment, an intensive 10 session program that provides skills to gain and employment.
Through a partnership with the GIANTS we will offer 100 students in Greater Western Sydney the opportunity to complete an 8-session course in job ready preparation. Each week students will explore topics such as:
- team building
- time management
- communication skills
- career planning
- resume development (cv)
It also includes two industry visits, one to the invested partner and one to the GIANTS Training and Admin building. This will provide a real-life job visitation experience and allow youth to make a connection with different industry opportunities.
This Program will allow youth aged 15-17 years to become ready and confident to engage further in employment.
- To build participants’ career knowledge and life skills
- To build and recognise participants’ practical skills when making good career choices.
- To build participant’s knowledge of vocational/Industry opportunities
- To build participants confidence and self esteem when dealing with career aspirations and goals
- To empower, equip and professionally develop young people to become ambassadors for career aspirations and positive thinking
- To leverage the strengths of partner agencies and meet common community engagement objectives
- 5 school sites reached
- 5 partner sites visited
- 100 participants involved and retained
- 5 guest presenters involved
- Student before and after survey (career aspirations / goals confidence / learning outcomes)
- Media and positive PR outcomes